Modern timber sash windows
Timber Sash Windows have prominent in the production of the traditional bespoke window for more than 30years. Their window has been able to satisfy architects and realtors’ demand because of its quality in its appearance and classic features of a single-glazed window. Also, the timber front doors are strongly built to last longer and can be re-sanded as requested. It is usually trimmed on both sides 10mm, which is different from doors whose veneer are 3mm less thick. Below is some information about the timber sash window and timber sash from doors.
Timber Sash Windows
Timber sash windows have always been one of the classic aspects of a home in the UK from the ancient period to the modern home construction. It is one of the oldest sashes carved from a paned window. Below is some of its quality:
- Bespoke and Customised:It is designed according to client taste, and it is customized to make architects look creative during construction.
- Timber Choices:It is created from multi-layered engineered timber.
- Glazing Choices:The window is double glazed. It can also be tripled, styled to acoustic glazing. However, it is single glazed mostly for aesthetic purpose.
- Colour Options:It can be painted, stained, and can have a dual-color that can rhyme with the exterior or interior façade.
- Shielded from the Elements:The windows are protected to remain firm for weather conditions and thermal purposes.
- Window Security:The window has been thoroughly tested for security standards, and this test was done independently of BMTRADA.
- Fire Resistance Windows are available:The window has been infused with insulation needed to make it fire resistance, and currently, the producer is in partnership with Vetrotech.
Different Type of Sash Window
The Venetian sash window has two outer panes, and the center sash slide open. It is also a triple sliding box sash and feature of slender mullions. Venetian sash design has a conventional measure of 176mm deep, and 142mm deep slim option, and it can be used with pre-tensioned cord or metal chains. Also, it is double-glazed, and the installation is done with sufficient draught carved from quality ironmongery. It has a fully furnished timber standard.
TRADITIONAL SLIDING SASH
This is an old sliding sash that started during the era of Georgian, Victorian, and Edwardian. It has the feature of slim sightlines and a durable window style. However, it has maintenance due to swelling, rot, and woodwork warp, and careless painting.
HIDDEN SPRING SASH
Hidden Sash is mainly for commercial and residential purposes, and it has a visible surface of 2-1/2 from the outer view. It is tagged as a modern Sash because of its aluminum nature. It has straight, curve sashes and advanced security hardware, which is optional. Below is the required standard for a house: Available
Performance & Technical Specs:
AAMA Rating @ 59″ x 99″: AW-PG55 | AAMA Rating (reinforced): AW-PG90
Design Pressure: 55.14 psf | Design Pressure (reinforced): 90.23 psf
Air Infiltration @ 6.24 psf: 0.06 cfm/ft²
Air Exfiltration @ 1.57 psf: <0.01 cfm/ft²
Water Resistance: 15.04 psf
Uniform Load @ 82.71 psf: <0.01”
Forced Entry: Type B – Grade 10
U-Value: 0.30 | STC: 48 dB
Maximum Glazing Thickness: 1-13/16″
Profile Thickness: 1/16″ (1.6mm)
Timber Front Door
Timber front doors are highly sophisticated as they are robust with adjustable hinges that serve as security forms. It features hook bolts and deadlock and different kinds of innovative designs that provide good security to bring peace of mind.
The timber window and front door’s reality is that they are designed for fashion and taste; however, it comes with security in a home.